Monday, December 13, 2010
I was inspired by Faithy's lovely iced biscuits, and the book the Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits, so I decided to have a go at it. It is quite addictive fun, though very time consuming. Here are some photos of the cookies, which my family really enjoyed.
Gingerbread recipe taken from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Rose's Christmas Cookies, a book I highly recommend for those biscuit lovers out there.
425 g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
180 g dark brown sugar
170 g unsalted butter
160 g unsulfured molasses
1 large egg
1. Sift and whisk together all the dry ingredients save for the brown sugar. Set aside
2. Process brown sugar in food processor till fine.
3. Add butter (can be straight from fridge) with the motor running.
4. Process until smooth and creamy.
5. Add molasses and egg until incorporated.
6. Add flour and spices mixture and pulse till dough starts to come together.
7. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
8. Roll out between 2 parchment to about 1/8 inch. Cut with cutters.
9. Bake in 350F oven for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on size of cookie.